Brunch, that wonderful time that you gather around the kitchen table with friends and family. Sometimes you may be looking for something a little quirky, a little off-beat and even more delicious than just the usual bacon and eggs… if that’s you you’re in luck (assuming that you keep reading).
Ketel One have partnered with cocktail experts, Delightful Drinks and the ever so creative Hannah Pemberton behind The Kitchen Alchemist to bring you a variety of favourite brunch dishes with a unique twist. Each delicious dish has been paired with a diverse range of Ketel One Bloody Marys ranging from classic to quirky!
What on the menu?
Try the Chorizo, Potato and Egg Hash where the simple breakfast hash gets a Spanish makeover and is paired with a flavoursome classic Bloody Mary. Or how about the Chimichurri Fried Egg and Salmon Bagels – a zingy update on the classic brunch dish – with a quirky Green Bloody Mary on the side, made with celery and cucumber instead of the usual tomato.
With a range of options and flavours to suit all tastes these delicious dishes and cocktails are all made using market fresh ingredients, this is Brunch the Ketel One Way and now you can do it too – hooray!
The Carrot Mary
An exotic mix of Ketel One Vodka with freshly pressed carrots, apples & pears, fresh orange, Asian spices & strong heat.
- 35ml Ketel One Vodka
- 100ml equals parts of carrot, apple & pear juice
- 30ml freshly squeezed orange
- 1 pinch of rock salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
Add all ingredients to the glass, stir well, add ice, garnish with a long flat slice of ginger and fresh red chilli and enjoy!
Paired with: CARROT PANCAKES WITH GREEK YOGURT
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
For the pancakes
- 130ml milk
- 135g plain flour
- 1 large egg — lightly beaten
- 30g melted butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium carrots — peeled and finely grated
FOR THE REST
- 300ml Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp honey
- A handful of your favourite berries
- Black pepper
- Butter for cooking
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and in a separate bowl mix the egg, melted butter and milk together.
2. Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients and mix together until the lumps are gone, then add the grated carrot and stir briefly to combine, set aside for a few minutes to rest.
3. Add a dollop of butter to a medium/hot frying pan. Once the butter has melted, add some of the pancake mix into the pan, making pancakes that are about 1cm thick and turning them once they’re golden brown on each side.
4. Serve topped with the Greek yoghurt, berries and honey.
The Green Mary
A vibrant combination of Ketel One Vodka & green vegetables with celery, cucumber & lettuce, fresh lime, warming spices & a hint of heat.
- 35ml Ketel One Vodka
- 100ml freshly juiced equal parts of celery and cucumber
- 20ml freshly squeezed lime
- 1 pinch of rock salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilli
- Half a vanilla pod
Add all ingredients to the glass, stir well, add ice, garnish with a salted cucumber slice and vanilla pod and enjoy!
Paired with: CHIMICHURRI FRIED EGG AND SALMON BAGELS
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- For the bagels
- 2 bagels
- 600g smoked salmon
- 4 free range eggs
- Black pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- A handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- A handful of fresh coriander
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp jalapeno / half a deseeded chilli
- Zest of ½ lemon
- A scrunch of sea salt
- 80mls extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Finely chop the dressing ingredients and mix together until super smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed, add some more salt or lemon / vinegar if required.
2. Start toasting your bagels. Add a dollop of butter and some olive oil to a frying pan and heat on a medium-high heat. Once the butter melts, crack your eggs and cook on a medium heat until the whites are nearly set.
3. While they’re cooking, top the bagels with the salmon, then take the eggs out of the pan and place them carefully on top of the salmon.
Good news… All ingredients are available to buy in a ready prepared ‘shopping basket’ using this link at Ocado. Boom.
We don’t know about you but it certainly seems like an excellent way to make brunch POP!