It seems crazy that we’re saying this but the first London Cocktail Week was 3 years ago back in 2010 and boy has since grown since then. It’s become a festival that includes tens of thousands of people, who travel across the globe to be part of this unrivalled event…
Are advice to you? Book the week off work because London Cocktail Week – the biggest drinks festival in the UK – is back! For the second year LCW will be basing its main hub in the beautiful Seven Dials area of Covent Garden from today, Monday 7th to Sunday 13th October 2013 so grab your wristbands and get ready to shake, sip and party your way to a fantastic celebration of our capital’s unrivalled cocktail culture!
All this week the roads leading from the central sundial monument in Seven Dials will dedicate themselves to all things spirited and we can guarantee the high-end luxury hotels, underground bars, retail spaces, hidden courtyards and exclusive members clubs will be buzzing with cocktail aficionados enjoying a mix of unique and classic drinks. Within the huge choice of boutiques in Seven Dials, spirits brands will be hosting informal, engaging training and sampling sessions (see below for listings), and outside on the streets, there will be some unusual installations popping up to serve sample cocktails – all for wristband wearers.
The Ketel One Hub, a specially created pop-up within Seven Dials, will continue to be the wristband collection point during the week, and you can also get drinks-making tips from the experts and meet the London Cocktail Week team who can help you plan your time during the festival. This year for the first time, there will also be a wristband collection point in Shoreditch.
Wristbands cost £10 and allow the wearer access to the huge amount of sampling, cocktail demonstrations as well as the Cocktail Tours. The most visible and inclusive part of the festival – over 150 of the best bars across the capital will be throwing open their doors to offer bespoke and unlimited £4 cocktails throughout the week. We’ve been informed that these bars have been cherry-picked because of their shared dedication to delivering wonderful service, excellent drinks and a great experience – so always fancied that exclusive hotel bar? Never got round to tracking down that elusive speakeasy? Want to visit a brand new venue or revisit an old favourite? Now is your chance!
To buy your wristband go to www.londoncocktailweek.com, for updates follow @LDNCocktailWeek.
And as for the training and sampling sessions there are plenty to choose from and here’s a selection of our favourites:
- Monkey Shoulder DIY Drinks Kitchen: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/18/diy-drinks-drop-in?on_date=08
- Belvedere Martini Masterclasses: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/26/know-your-martini?on_date=08
- Portobello Road Three Martini Lunch: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/120/three-martini-lunch?on_date=11
- Vodka and Sushi matching: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/12/q-vodka-pop-up-pairing?on_date=08
- Dinner on the Shard: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/97/luxury-dinner-at-hutong?on_date=07
- Or, rumfest followed by a chauffer driven car to dinner at the shard http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/98/zacapa-above-the-clouds?on_date=12
- Gin Launch party: http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/56/bulldog-bold-launch?on_date=09
- Rum and chocolate http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week/events/14/diplomatico-indulgence?on_date=09
Thats not all either because there’s so much happening this year we’ve split out the London Cocktail Week offering into four, yes four! different sections to help you find the right place for you. Just click on the pictures below to be whisked off the the area of your choice…
Comments are closed.