Get ready for something a bit special. The good people at Bulleit Frontier Whiskey are taking over the capital and offering Londoners an iconic Southern pairing in a month-long takeover of the city’s favourite urban eateries. Yes yes yes!
This May, Bulleit Frontier Whiskey will bring a slice of the Deep South to London with a series of Whiskey & Wings pairings across the capital’s best-loved street food eateries. Embodying a true American foodie spirit, the partnership will offer hungry Londoners the chance to pair the smooth and spicy notes of Bulleit Bourbon in the form of a Whiskey Sour, with a distinct style of chicken wings for only £10!
Celebrating the traditional American trend of pairing food and bourbon, Bulleit Frontier Whiskey has partnered with five leading urban foodie favourites to develop five styles of finger-licking chicken wings. These have each been paired with a bespoke Whiskey Sour crafted by friends of Cut the Cap and flavour experts, World of Zing. Participating restaurants include renowned fried chicken restaurant Bird, Ramen specialists Tonkotsu, guilt-free fried chicken experts Clutch Chicken, the home of modern Thai food, Rosa’s Thai Cafe and for the at-home experience, delivery only restaurant Twisted London via a quick swipe and a click on UberEats.
Available for the entire month of May, the deal will be running in multiple sites across London (details below), meaning the Whiskey & Wing combos are within reach at all four corners of the capital.
- Tonkotsu: Authentic real ramen curators will be offering a Yuzu Bourbon Sour, a classic bourbon whiskey sour with a Japanese twist, including zesty yuzu and umami-rich black sesame, alongside Tonkotsu’s famously moreish Eat The Bits Wings!
- Bird: At London’s original fried chicken joint, discover a classic bourbon and ginger pairing that’s been given a refreshing citrus twist, perfect for sipping alongside fiery wings and cutting through rich and sticky sauces!
- Rosa’s Thai Cafe: The home of modern Thai cuisine, will be offering a Pandan Bourbon Sour, the vanilla notes of Bulleit Bourbon are enriched with pandan leaf syrup whilst the refreshing citrus flavours are given a subtle complexity with the addition of coriander bitters. The ideal accompaniment to Rosa’s aromatic Thai sticky tamarind wings!
- Clutch Chicken: Fried chicken experts, will be offering a Sour Chicken Wing cocktail, garnished with their signature chicken wing. The Bulleit sour has been mixed with cider brandy, picon, kumkuat and walnuts – garnished with a Bulleit honey butter glazed wing.
- Twisted London: The delivery only restaurant will be offering traditional Korean Boneless Wings alongside a tangy Black Cherry Bourbon Sour, which boasts a zingy, sharp twist on the traditional Bulleit Sour.
Click on the link below to take you to an interactive map showcasing the locations this fantastic offer is available: https://www.bulleit.com/whiskey-and-wings (available from April 29th).
AND THAT'S NOT ALL...! To coincide with the Whiskey & Wings Month, a series of events will take place:
Wednesday 1st May – Whiskey & Wings Tour
To kick off the launch, Bulleit has arranged a Whiskey & Wings Tour hosted by the UK’s original Wing King and foremost wingspert, Richard Thacker founder of London Wing Fest. The whiskey-themed tour, will be taking place in East London location Shoreditch, where whiskey and wing fanatics will visit three Whiskey & Wing locations in close proximity (Tonkotsu, Bird and Rosa’s Thai Cafe) and be able to immerse themselves into the American spirit by sampling each tasty wing and sour combo one after the other.
Tickets available via Eventbrite.
Richard Thacker founder of London Wing Fest, by the UK’s original Wing King and foremost wingspert says: “The chicken wing, quite rightly, is no longer considered an offcut of meat – it is now gaining the recognition it deserves. The flavours of a well-marinated wing compliments quality drink pairings, and works particularly well with the distinctive flavours of Bulleit Bourbon, enhancing their great taste, to make a perfect pairing. London’s food scene is bursting with great variety and The Whiskey & Wings Tour will be an adventure filled with flavour, where guests can discover some of the best chicken wings around.”
Monday 6th May – Wings of the World Banquet at Clutch Chicken
The celebrations will continue into the early May bank holiday with the Wings of the World Banquet at Clutch Chicken, the home of guilt-free fried chicken, on Monday 6th May. Starting at 2.00pm, guests will be greeted in true Kentucky style, with a refreshing Iced Tea before they can discover an all you can eat a selection of internationally inspired wings, to satisfy those meaty cravings. The delectable chicken wings will include iconic flavours such as a soy glaze and a fiery naga spicy chilli as well as a bespoke Bulleit honey butter glaze. All wings will be served alongside a selection of Bulleit Whiskey Sours including the Hero Sour ‘Backin’ it up’, which is garnished with its very own Bulleit honey butter glazed wing.
Limited tickets will be available for purchase through Eventbrite. Each ticket costs £35 this will include ‘all you can eat’ chicken wings, three delicious Bulleit Whiskey Sour cocktails and a seat at the Wings of the World Banquet.
For more Whiskey & Wings glory follow the @BulleitWhiskey Instagram channel and check out the hashtags #WhiskeyandWings and #BulleitWhiskey.